Which TP-LINK switch supports ethernet backhaul for DECO family?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-05 23:38:41
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 build 20211228 rel. 55234

Hi,

Could TP-LINK list which switches from the TP-LINK catalog do support ethernet backhaul for MESH Wi-FI (DECO family)? Please do not answer back to us, lame users, as any TP-LINK switch. Please list the models.

Much obliged,
Eddie.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Which TP-LINK switch supports ethernet backhaul for DECO family?
2022-04-06 00:47:41

@Eddie_Can-Bra 

We cannot provide such a list because the answer is any switch.  Not just TP-Link but any manufactures switch, though I do recommend an unmanaged switch like the TL-SG108.  Each Deco unit is a router in of it self and Ethernet backhaul is automatic when connecting 1 Deco to another, wether that be through the Deco's Ethernet switch port or through a switch.  For best results connect the switch to the open Ethernet port (the one not connected to the modem) on the Base/Main Deco, and connect the other Deco units to that via Ethernet .  

Options
2022-04-06 16:59:17
Hello Carl, Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Could I bother you with a final question, same subject? I have 4 D-LINK DES-1008A switches, unmanaged.Want to make sure what could still be wrong, which makes the satellite DECO X60 to crash every X-minutes. Could I share with you, by email, my connection layout? My email is eduardo.g.kibel@gmail.com. Appreciate if you can email me and I will share the connection layout.
Options
2022-04-06 17:38:52

@Carl 

Hello Carl,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Could I bother you with a final question, same subject?

I have 4 D-LINK DES-1008A switches, unmanaged.Want to make sure what could still be wrong, which makes the satellite DECO X60 to crash every X-minutes.

Here is my connection layout attached:

File:
Deco X60 Eduado G Kibel Layout.pdfDownload
Options
2022-04-06 18:42:59

@Carl I have connected the main DECO X60 to my D-LINK switch. D-LINK switch connected to the main DECO X60 made the ethernet and Wi-Fi network crash (the one coming from the DECO X60!). Why is that?

Options
2022-04-06 22:51:53

@Eddie_Can-Bra 

I saw your other post where you mentioned we talked about a known issue with some DLink Switches.  To be honest i was not aware of such issues although that sometimes doesn't trickle down to the US local team as primary support is at the HelpDesk.  I will need to take this information to my local QA team and see if they can help.  Please give me some time to get you a response.  

Options