Anyone else having issues configuring the HS103 v2 smart plugs using a Pixel 6 Pro?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Anyone else having issues configuring the HS103 v2 smart plugs using a Pixel 6 Pro?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-17 17:20:46 - last edited 2022-04-18 03:14:46
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

I just picked up a Pixel 6 Pro about 3 weeks ago.

About a week ago, all my HS103 v2 smart plugs all of a sudden stopped connecting to my network (flashing orange and blue).  I have about 8 of them in total.  I also have two EP10 devices which were still ok in the Kasa app and in my Google Home.

So I proceeded to re-connect all of the HS103's to my network and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to connect them using my Pixel 6 Pro.  I was however able to configure all of them using my old Pixel XL AFTER needing to reset all of them into the factory reset mode.

Both Pixels had the latest Kasa app and both were used to configure the latest firmware installed HS103 v2  plugs.

I just couldn't complete the setup and configuration using the 6 Pro.

So using the 6 Pro, I was able to setup all the way to successfully connecting to the smart plug but after that, when the app was asking me to wait for continuing to configure the plug, it just got stuck, timed out and asked me to try to setup again and again.  I was never able to get to the screen where it wanted me to connect back to my wifi network to complete the setup.

Any thoughts?  Anyone that has used a Pixel 6 Pro to setup these plugs that managed to do it or had a workaround when it didn't work for you? 

-Dave

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Anyone else having issues configuring the HS103 v2 smart plugs using a Pixel 6 Pro?-Solution
2022-04-18 01:31:50 - last edited 2022-04-18 03:14:46

Hello  @dwrong 

• Try turning OFF VPN on the phone during set up process. 
  • Please check if there is any security apps on the phone like  AdGuard, Lookout  etc
  • Try turning off mobile data on the phone.
  • You could try  more tips if referring the error message on the app:  

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

If still the same,to help look into it further,  can I have 1) a photo of error message on the kasa app 2) a video shared link showing ' when the app was asking me to wait for continuing to configure the plug, it just got stuck'  2) APP version 3) Model and OS of the phone 4) MAC address of smart plug, please share the MAC via private message. Thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Anyone else having issues configuring the HS103 v2 smart plugs using a Pixel 6 Pro?-Solution
2022-04-18 03:14:27 - last edited 2022-04-18 03:14:49
Thanks.. Just getting your reply now and I had already figured out what happened. Seemed like my AT&T Security app installed a VPN without me knowing. Switched it off and the problem's gone. Thanks for responding.. seemed like you've seen this sort of thing before. Cheers, Dave
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2022-04-18 01:31:50 - last edited 2022-04-18 03:14:46

Hello  @dwrong 

• Try turning OFF VPN on the phone during set up process. 
  • Please check if there is any security apps on the phone like  AdGuard, Lookout  etc
  • Try turning off mobile data on the phone.
  • You could try  more tips if referring the error message on the app:  

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

If still the same,to help look into it further,  can I have 1) a photo of error message on the kasa app 2) a video shared link showing ' when the app was asking me to wait for continuing to configure the plug, it just got stuck'  2) APP version 3) Model and OS of the phone 4) MAC address of smart plug, please share the MAC via private message. Thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-04-18 03:14:27 - last edited 2022-04-18 03:14:49
Thanks.. Just getting your reply now and I had already figured out what happened. Seemed like my AT&T Security app installed a VPN without me knowing. Switched it off and the problem's gone. Thanks for responding.. seemed like you've seen this sort of thing before. Cheers, Dave
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Anyone else having issues configuring the HS103 v2 smart plugs using a Pixel 6 Pro?
2022-04-18 03:37:09

Hello   @dwrong 

Glad to know you figured out its was the AT& T security APP, thank you for updating the solution here!

For some kasa devices flashing orange and blue, this means they go into factory default state,  try to hook Google Speaker device to a Guest Wi-Fi as a temporary suggestion. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 458

Replies: 4

Related Articles