Is my adapter bad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is my adapter bad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Is my adapter bad
Is my adapter bad
2022-05-01 02:11:26
Model: Archer T2U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought a used ARCHER T2U PLUS from amazon  I have spectrum ultra internet rated at 400 mbps  Connected via Ethernet i get about 450 mbps using speed testnet

I get a link speed of 433 but i cant get speeds past 180 mbps or so the pc and the wireless router are less then 2 feet away in the same room

Can anyone tell me if this is normal or is it possible that this is the reason the item was returned in the first place

There is no way to select the band using the spectrum router but since im getting a link speed of 433 im guessing that im connected using the 5 g band

Im using windows 7 so i don't see any indication of the band that is being used.

Im hoping someone can tell me if i got a bad product or is this normal for this device

Thanks in advance

Bruenor

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is my adapter bad
2022-05-02 17:24:24

@Bruenor 

I just posted about this. I have a link speed of 1.3Gbps with a T3U and i only get 200Mbps.. So i guess this is just what it is.

Options
Re:Is my adapter bad
2022-05-02 18:28:29

Hi @Bruenor and @McDx [again :)],

I answered this question from McDx in another thread but I will post my response here also:

I can understand your confusion when it comes to wireless speeds as there are so many factors at play. Also, thank you for providing so much detailed information.

The 433 mbps Speed you are seeing is called your Link Speed. The Link Speed is the theoretical maximum bandwidth for only the connection between your router and your computer. This is not indicative of the speed that you will actually see when working with files on the internet. This is only the speed that would be capable when moving data around within your own internal network.

The speeds that you are receiving when running a speed test, are the speeds that you are receiving into the router from the outside internet. That test is completed by sending information from your router to a server hosted somewhere else. This is also the speed that you are paying for from Cox and will vary depending on what service you use to test, and the location that you select. This is the 400 mbps speed test result that you got form speedtest.net. This means that you are getting what you are paying for from Cox. 

This overall speed will be split up by the router depending on various factors such as how many devices are connected, interference and others. 

If you would like to learn more about the difference between Link Speed and Wifi Speed please check out this link: 

Why Isn't my Wi-Fi as Fast as Advertised?

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have! I would love to find more ways to help our customers understand our products.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 2

Related Articles