Issues connecting to devices from main router Wired to wifi on Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-03 01:20:15 - last edited 2022-05-03 01:30:22
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I have a bell Home Hub 3000, and linked up my Deco M4 to it for the wifi because I don't want to pay bell a stupid amount of money.

Here's the issue, any devices that are connected via the Deco wifi, are not seen by the physically plugged in devices on the HH3000 router. Deco is set up under AP mode and the IPs match the same local IP subnet as the wired connections, so should be able to see each other. I can connect to the individual Deco/ping the IP without issue, just not the individual devices.

The goal is simply to connect to my TV as a wireless output to mirror my PC (I know mirroring is working, if they are both on the same wifi via HH3000, they see each other, but cannot have my wired HH3000 connection, see the Deco Wifi Device, or even both on the Deco wifi - is this a limitation of the deco?)

I will add the connecting to other PCs and other devices, such as a printer, works fine. It's just this 1 device.

Thoughts? Is this even possible? I was hoping this would work :(

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues connecting to devices from main router Wired to wifi on Deco M4
2022-05-04 23:07:26

@Poctim 

Unfortunately, I do not know too much about how DSL and the bell infrastrucutre works. But from the details that you have provided I believe that the issue is residing with the Bell HomeHub. One thing I would do to try and fix the issue is log into your bell modem and see if the wifi is disabled on the gateway. If it is enabled I would disable it and see if the devices can see each other.

Otherwise I was looking around other forums, and have seen that some others have found workaround methods of using better wifi systems. I would reccommend trying to look at the Bell Forums to see if anybody has found a solution there as the main issue is that the HomeHub cannot be place into Bridge mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 415

Replies: 1