Just want one Wi-Fi Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-18 04:47:13
Tags: #network
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi.  I just bought some X20 Decos.  I pluged the main unit into modem/router provided by ISP.  I see that now I have two Wi-Fi Networks.  The one I set up (which I named) and the one from the ISP (Frontier).  I think I would like to  get rid of the Frontier Wi-Fi network so there is not confusion.

I hope I put this in understandable way.  I am a novice at all this and probably am using the wrong terminology.  if you can respond in simple terms understandable to a newbie that would ba appreciated

Thank you in advance for your help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Just want one Wi-Fi Network
2022-06-21 15:34:19
Yes it is doable. You will have to get into the settings menu for the Frontier router/modem combo unit and shutoff/disable the wifi/router functionality so that it will serve as just the modem. Then you should only be seeing your Deco network.
Options
Re:Just want one Wi-Fi Network
2022-06-23 04:46:26

Fizzius wrote

Yes it is doable. You will have to get into the settings menu for the Frontier router/modem combo unit and shutoff/disable the wifi/router functionality so that it will serve as just the modem. Then you should only be seeing your Deco network.

Thank you  @Fizzius.  I did this and eliminated Frontier network.  Appreciate you reply and help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 2

Tags

network
Related Articles