TP-Link AX3000/AX55 Dual Band Router: will not connect to samsung services

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-20 18:03:07 - last edited 2022-06-21 02:39:23
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220428 rel.64552(5553)

Just installed a new tp-link ax3000 wi-fi 6 router. Since doing that neither my Galaxy S21 phone nor my Galaxy tablets will load the Galaxy Store while connected to wi-fi. If I change my wi-fi connection to a different wi-fi network (in this case, a free xfinitywifi hot spot) the Galaxy Store loads normally. I have already rebooted the device and cleared cache and app data for the Galaxy Store app. But seeing it's happening with multiple Galaxy devices (the phone and two tablets) it doesn't appear to be the devices but something odd with the router or router settings. And now I'm seeing that my Windows desktop running Windows 11 Pro on a WIRED connection to the router will not connect to the accounts-dot-samsung-dot-com web portal. I spent half and hour chatting with a tp-link support person; useless. Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link AX3000/AX55 Dual Band Router: will not connect to samsung services
2022-06-20 22:54:54

And just like that, seemingly magically, with the router running the exact same firmware, Samsung services are now available. Bizarre. Maybe it was Samsung???

Options
2022-06-21 00:10:20

Hi  @axman53,

This does sound like it was some sort of error on Samsungs Side. If experiencing issues with a particular service, I would always recommend looking at sites like down detector to see if there is a widespread issue or outage being reported. Weird problems such as that can occur when Samsung is trying to send higher-quality content because you are on a wifi connection, whereas the cellular data will most likely mean that either your phone or Samsung is trying to save data by providing lower-quality content and images.

Options
2022-06-21 12:26:44

@Riley_S Thanks for you reply. Yes, I did look at down detector and I would say what I saw there was inconclusive. I just can't come up with any good reason why Samsung web services would be available over one network vs another. Everything seemed to point to an issue specific to my network. Baffling to me...

Riley_S wrote

Hi  @axman53,

This does sound like it was some sort of error on Samsungs Side. If experiencing issues with a particular service, I would always recommend looking at sites like down detector to see if there is a widespread issue or outage being reported. Weird problems such as that can occur when Samsung is trying to send higher-quality content because you are on a wifi connection, whereas the cellular data will most likely mean that either your phone or Samsung is trying to save data by providing lower-quality content and images.

Options