Archer C5400X undocumented limit on DHCP enties

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-30 15:48:16
Tags: #Undocumented limit
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hi TP-Link support.

I have found another bug in my instance of the Archer C5400X router, this time a proper showstopper for me.

I can not enter any more than 32 DHCP entries, and  this limit is completely *undocumented* in the manual or quickstart guide.

Stating that I can statically assign IPs on individual devices is neither a solution nor a valid workaround. Looks like I will have to assign my Pi-Hole on one of my Pi4s to be the DHCP server for my network - that device/setup can easily manage the full address space if desired.Otherwise I'll be returning the router for full refund for not meeting the stated purpose.

Whatever about the 32-entry limit - but it's completely unacceptable that the limit is not stated *anywhere* in the product documentation. What other limitations are siliently present? Is there e.g. a limit on the number of concurrent TCP/IP connections that can be made?

Unimpressed. Very unimpressed.

When will this paltry DHCP device limitation be addressed/resolved? When can we expect a firmware with the capability to have more than 32 devices assigned? It really shouldn't have been difficult to do this right from the start.

-Cathal

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 188

Replies: 0

Tags

Undocumented limit