AX6000 Download Mbps drops to between 5.0 to .5 every morning for several hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-05 18:58:08
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20211118 rel.71177(5553)

Staring about 3 weeks ago, every morning my router started dropping the download speed Mbps to less than 5 and usually around .5 while the upload speed stays steady around 500 Mbps.  This usually lasts 2 - 3 hours and then goes back to normal.

The download speed with my current Cox account averages aroud 500 Mbps when operating normally.

I didn't make any changes in the settings and the router has been working flawlessly until this started happening out of the blue.

Tried restrarting and even a factory reset several times & still experiencing the issue.  None of my neighbors I checked with that also have Cox service are experiencing this issue.

Any ideas out there?

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX6000 Download Mbps drops to between 5.0 to .5 every morning for several hours
2022-07-06 05:51:31

Hello @Jeff55 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

I'm not blaming Cox but I would suggest contacting Cox to determine if there is anything wrong with the line or the connection from the modem, just to be sure that the internet that goes into the house is working fine.

If that is confirmed working fine, please reset the AX6000 to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, just set up the basic internet connection and don't modify any advanced settings to monitor the download speed for one day or two. Since you mentioned the issue happens every morning, I would recommend paying attention to the LED status on the AX6000 when the speed is slow and being sure that the LED still showing up correctly.

Options
Re:AX6000 Download Mbps drops to between 5.0 to .5 every morning for several hours
2022-07-12 05:33:41
I checked with the ISP & they claimed there are no issues on their end nor with my account. I did another reset and reconfigured from scratch...just the basic stuff, no custom settings, and after several minutes it went back to .03 Mbps download while the upload speed stayed around 500 Mbps. I haven't returned the original ISP Panoramic Gateway router yet, so I swapped them out to it to see if I would experience the same issue, but the Mbps is staying steady, so must be something with the router. Purchased it back in December 2021 & has been flawless until 3 or so weeks ago.
Options
2022-07-13 01:58:59

@Jeff55 

Can I know how did you perform the speedtest? Is the device connected to the AX6000 via an Ethernet connection or via Wi-Fi?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2022-07-18 19:58:10
Try reflashing the firmware, if it will let you. Maybe even downgrade if passible as a test ruling out hardware issues. The fact that it happens at the same time seems to indicate something else is going on. Otherwise, TP-Link may have a beta firmware available if you reach out explaining your issues.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 345

Replies: 4