Wired connections from a switch are no longer recognized

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 05:32:34 - last edited 2022-07-20 01:34:55
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.14.3

Hi,

My home network has multiple devices (e.g. printers) connected via cables to a small 8-port switch to my router.

The router has 3 of its ports connected to other devices (e,g. backup disk), and one port connected to the switch.

This has worked well for years now.
Last week, my router stopped recognizing any devices connected to the switch. Ping from the router does not reach any device.

I did not change any settings.

If I plug the wire (e.g. from a printer) directly to the router, the device works fine.

I tried using a different switch with the same results.

I tried using another Archer C7 router with the same results.

I am stumped. Any thoughts on why this is happening? Any troubleshooting steps you recommend?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wired connections from a switch are no longer recognized-Solution
2022-07-18 19:19:11 - last edited 2022-07-20 01:34:55
My first thought is your switch went bad or is hung up. if there is a hard reset feature, try that. Otherwise, 8 port switches are pretty cheap these days so consider replacing it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wired connections from a switch are no longer recognized
2022-07-15 07:00:27

Hello @ygilbert 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Do you mean the devices connected to the switch cannot get internet access? What is the model of the switch? Are there any special settings on it? Please provide a detailed network diagram if possible.

What are the devices connecting to the switch? When the devices connect to the switch, are they getting valid IP addresses from the Archer C7? Can other devices that connect to the C7 directly ping those connected to the switch? 

Options
Re:Wired connections from a switch are no longer recognized-Solution
2022-07-18 19:19:11 - last edited 2022-07-20 01:34:55
My first thought is your switch went bad or is hung up. if there is a hard reset feature, try that. Otherwise, 8 port switches are pretty cheap these days so consider replacing it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wired connections from a switch are no longer recognized
2022-07-20 01:34:42
The switch was bad. Replacing made everything work.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 3

Related Articles