Tether showing incorrect device data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-30 00:37:31
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.6

I have 3 AC1750 Archer 7 devices - using 1 as primary router and 2 as WAP's.  I'm assigning static ip addresses for a number of devices, however when I look at the Client list, some obviously wireless objects display as Wired! An example is my wifi thermostat - any ideas why this anomaly is happening or how to correct it? Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tether showing incorrect device data
2022-08-02 10:07:15

@garyprud 

Are these wireless clients showing as wired connected to the main Archer A7 or connected to the WAPs?

BTW, when you are using WAP, does it mean the two Archer A7s connect to the main A7 via Ethernet cables?

If the wireless devices like the wifi thermostat are connecting to the WAP A7, then they might be recognized by the main A7 as wired devices since they are connecting to the network via a LAN connection. I'm not sure if this is the current design or a web UI display issue, but we will confirm with the team.

Options
Re:Tether showing incorrect device data
2022-08-03 02:13:59

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for the reply, which seems to solve my issue. Yes -two of the A7's are connected to the primary A7 Router via ethernet cable. The primary A7 assigns all ip addresses throughout the network, many of which I reserved or made static for high priority devices. The wifi thermostat IS connected wirelessly to a WAP, which then is cabled back to the primary A7.  As is a Ring Bridge device, and several amazon echo dots.  I do see devices replicated on several A7's, but now that I have them all named and identified it's s not such a mystery.

Thanks again!

gary

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 544

Replies: 2