Link Aggregation on Archer73

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-31 14:28:34 - last edited 2022-08-03 06:29:22

I have found the directions to allow 2 of the 4 ports to be aggregated so as to speed up throughput from my NAS to the router. The issue is that when I follow the directions it bonds LAN 2 & LAN 3 and I loose LAN 1 and LAN 4. Where might I find the correct settings where I don't loose those?

Thanks so much!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Link Aggregation on Archer73-Solution
2022-08-02 15:57:54 - last edited 2022-08-03 06:29:22

@BernieD My solution:

ReadyNas 214 to Archer73 

On the Archer73 sign into Tether and click on ADVANCED. Under Network click on LAN. Click on Enable and choose Static Lag. Defaults to aggregate LAN 2 & 3. Click on Save. (Make sure you do not connect your ethernet cable to your second lan until AFTER SETUP IS SAVED on both devices!)

On the Nas sign is as administrator and click on NETWORK. Combine ethernet by clicking on Gear Icon and set up new bond according to your manufacturers directions. Save and connect your second eithernet cable to the correct ports on both devices. You should be good to go!

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Link Aggregation on Archer73
2022-08-01 17:48:00 - last edited 2022-08-01 17:48:24

@BernieD 

I would try to bond neighboring ports such as 1&2 or 3&4.  This would make it easier to keep them straight when making connections and perhaps there is a bug in the firmware that expects only neighbored ports to be selected.  On a seperate note, and not to insult, but does your NAS support link aggregation?  Hope this helps.

Options
2022-08-01 21:31:27

@pcuttle No worries, yes it does. I did finally find a correct setting and it is humming along just fine now! Thanks for responding!

Options
2022-08-02 03:08:48

@BernieD 

Just out of curiosity, can you share with the community how you make the Link Aggregation work? That may help others in the future when they come across the configuration issues. Thank you.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Link Aggregation on Archer73-Solution
2022-08-02 15:57:54 - last edited 2022-08-03 06:29:22

@BernieD My solution:

ReadyNas 214 to Archer73 

On the Archer73 sign into Tether and click on ADVANCED. Under Network click on LAN. Click on Enable and choose Static Lag. Defaults to aggregate LAN 2 & 3. Click on Save. (Make sure you do not connect your ethernet cable to your second lan until AFTER SETUP IS SAVED on both devices!)

On the Nas sign is as administrator and click on NETWORK. Combine ethernet by clicking on Gear Icon and set up new bond according to your manufacturers directions. Save and connect your second eithernet cable to the correct ports on both devices. You should be good to go!

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-03 06:29:11

@BernieD 

Thank you very much for the detailed information about the Link Aggregation settings on the AX73 as well as on your ReadyNas, which will help a lot if someone else has an issue when configuring the Link Aggregation.

I will mark your above reply as a "Recommended Solution" to close this thread and help others find solutions.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 5

Related Articles