Tether App - won’t connect “error occurred. Pls try later”

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-01 19:02:39
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Current

When my wife and I (both Iphone11) select our Archer C4000 in the app it attempts to connect then returns the error: "An error occurred. Please try again later." Started over a week ago. I put off updating then once I did I got this error. 

Over the weekend I was able to add an "unknown router" and then request the webpage to sign in to access the parental settings, but this morning that disappeared and I'm back to the "error occurred" message. 

We had grown dependent on the app this summer and really want it back. For now we will set schedules via laptop login but I loved being able to turn on the Xbox when chores were done. Tyrannical, I know. Mwahahaa.

If the app doesn't fix within a week we'll probably goto Costco and get another router.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether App - won’t connect “error occurred. Pls try later”
2022-08-02 09:59:51

Hello @RogueF1V3 

Have you gone through the troubleshooting suggestions in the following article?

What if Tether failed to log in my TP-Link product?

If you have already tried those suggestions, please try login to the router web GUI via a web browser to change the DNS settings to some public servers, such as 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, then reboot the router then confirm if you can access the router via the Tether app.

BTW, can I have the iOS version on both iPhone 11s? How about the Tether app version also?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 544

Replies: 1