Slow internet speed with ethernet cable on my computer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-09 18:43:32
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm facing an issue of slower than anticipated internet speed with my computer which is connected to a Deco.
Some info about my setup: 

Internet connection is 350 download / 35 upload.

I have connected the main Deco to my modem/router (which is far away from my computer) and have connected 2 other decos to the network.
While using WiFi my internet speed is high (>320M) wherever I am in the apartment.
I have now connected my computer via ethernet cable (5e) to one of the secondary decos, since my modem/router is very far away so I can't connect my computer there via cable.
The internet speed on my computer cannot exceed 100M, while my phone (I can see from the app that it's connected to the same Deco since it's the closest one) has full speed.
The ethernet port on my computer is 2,5G.

What might be the problem with that?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow internet speed with ethernet cable on my computer
2022-08-09 22:20:09

@Phawkes,

If it is capped at that speed, I would recommend making sure that your computer is first attempting to communicate with your network at the expected speed. If you navigate into your windows network adapter settings, right-click, and select Status, you will be able to see the Link Speed of your adapter. If this is less than what is specified, I would recommend:

Exchanging the Network Cable

Updating your Network Adapter Drivers

Updating Windows

Otherwise, does the slowdown persist if you use a different deco node for your computer's ethernet connection?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 1