Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Devices
Devices
2022-08-14 16:50:14 - last edited 2022-08-26 18:21:34
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20220511

I recently notice 2 devices showing up on my routers list but I have no idea who it is. I checked to see that the other 2 devices are mine by how I labeled them and by their IP address. I only know the basics just enough to get connected by not quite the know how to find out who the other two devices connected to my router. Is there a way to remove them completely because it has nothing to do with me or maybe it does and I just don't know it.I do have a Samsung Galaxy S8 as 1 device but the other is a Samsung Galaxy S22. I have a Ethernet line to my desktop with a phone and tablet off the WiFi's router, any help would be greatly appreciated 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Devices-Solution
2022-08-14 21:07:54 - last edited 2022-08-26 18:21:34

@2Daroots 

What Router do you have?

There are a few things to try.

• Connect to the Router with Tether, and look at the Clients, might give more info.
  • Look at the Client in the Client list. You should see a MAC Address. Search the Web for that address, it will tell you the make usually. That will help you 'find' the device if it is in your house.

I have some that are 'Unknown' and an Amazon device that is of little help for a name as there are more than one here.

As you can see, the 2nd Unknown MAC Address is AC-63-BE-8E-E3-E2. Using a MAC Address look-up site I found it to be another Amazon Device. We have 3 of them, and with a little looking at those devices, I should be able to match it MAC Address and change the name it shows as (if I cared to do that).

Also, 64-CB-E9-E8-54-7F is LG, and we only have 2 here, wife's phone and or Fridge... and it is the Fridge.

Some sites might not have complete lists, so you might need to try others. Sone require ":" instead of a '-' in the MAC Address as well.

Some will not be found, and some can confuse you. Some Mesh Router use one for the Backhaul for instance.

If nothing more it will give you a good head start.

If all else fails, block the device and see 'who' complains :-)

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-14 23:55:32 - last edited 2023-03-01 22:49:08

@2Daroots 

could very well be your phones. Check the network settings as there is an option to radomize the MAC addresses. You can turn it off for your home network. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2022-08-14 21:07:54 - last edited 2022-08-26 18:21:34

@2Daroots 

What Router do you have?

There are a few things to try.

• Connect to the Router with Tether, and look at the Clients, might give more info.
  • Look at the Client in the Client list. You should see a MAC Address. Search the Web for that address, it will tell you the make usually. That will help you 'find' the device if it is in your house.

I have some that are 'Unknown' and an Amazon device that is of little help for a name as there are more than one here.

As you can see, the 2nd Unknown MAC Address is AC-63-BE-8E-E3-E2. Using a MAC Address look-up site I found it to be another Amazon Device. We have 3 of them, and with a little looking at those devices, I should be able to match it MAC Address and change the name it shows as (if I cared to do that).

Also, 64-CB-E9-E8-54-7F is LG, and we only have 2 here, wife's phone and or Fridge... and it is the Fridge.

Some sites might not have complete lists, so you might need to try others. Sone require ":" instead of a '-' in the MAC Address as well.

Some will not be found, and some can confuse you. Some Mesh Router use one for the Backhaul for instance.

If nothing more it will give you a good head start.

If all else fails, block the device and see 'who' complains :-)

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-14 23:55:32 - last edited 2023-03-01 22:49:08

@2Daroots 

could very well be your phones. Check the network settings as there is an option to radomize the MAC addresses. You can turn it off for your home network. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 205

Replies: 2

Related Articles