SSDP/UPnP "GetStatusInfo" is mandatory, but TP-Link does not support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 12:19:28 - last edited 2022-08-15 19:04:13
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I am using some software to query the SSDP/UPnP "GetStatusInfo" action on the WANIPConnection.  It works on all other routers that I have tested it on.  But it does not work on TP-LINK routers.  The error response from the router is <errorCode>401</errorCode><errorDescription>Invalid Action</errorDescription>.

But, GetStatusInfo is mandatory.  Even stranger is that the router itself (http://192.168.1.1:1900/hmqjr/WANIPCn.xml) reports that "GetStatusInfo" is a known/valid action.

A quick Google search indicates that others are seeing this problem on other TP-LINK routers.

Please fix this bug.

Options
4 Reply
Re:SSDP/UPnP "GetStatusInfo" is mandatory, but TP-Link does not support
2022-08-19 03:08:41

@duckware 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

I would like to escalate this case to our support engineers, they would like to help investigate further. Please check your registered email and follow it up with them directly.

Options
2022-11-15 16:43:15

Is there any update?  Using latest FW, I still get the same error.

Options
2022-11-15 17:02:47

@Kevin_Z 

the response is "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error", but inside the response is "<errorCode>401</errorCode>"

Options
2022-11-16 08:38:32

@duckware 

I remember I escalated this case to the support engineers months ago, can you please confirm with them directly via email to confirm if this has been optimized or fixed? Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 4