Votes

GUI Enhancements

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

GUI Enhancements

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
GUI Enhancements
GUI Enhancements
2022-08-15 17:02:11 - last edited 2022-08-15 17:41:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

A few things I find lacking from the GUI that I would like to see:

- At a glance icon/color/indication that a device has an address reservation

- Also show resolved hostname when clicking into device, even when a custom name is set

- Client data export option

- All app options available through web gui (reservations, etc)

Options
2 Reply
Re:GUI Enhancements
2022-08-16 06:43:07

@Trumpetrhapsody 

Thanks for the feedback.

I do have several questions and hope you could help me figure them out:

• At a glance icon/color/indication that a device has an address reservation

Normally the address reservation is manually added by ourselves. Would there be any specific reason that you want an additional mark for these devices?

• Also show resolved hostname when clicking into device, even when a custom name is set

I am confused about this one a lot and do not exactly understand what you wish to see on the device and why.  Really appreciated it if you could give me an example.

• Client data export option

I will note it down first and check whether there would be similar feedback later

• All app options available through web gui (reservations, etc)

I think the current focus is still on the Deco APP and Adding more features to the web UI is not likely to be given priority.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:GUI Enhancements
2022-08-16 16:18:33

@David-TP 

• At a glance icon/color/indication that a device has an address reservation

Normally the address reservation is manually added by ourselves. Would there be any specific reason that you want an additional mark for these devices?

When looking through a large list of clients, it helps to know which do and do not already have a reservation set. I have MANY IoT devices (home automation) with very similar names. Setting aliases helps, but it would still be helpful to show me which from the list I haven't yet set a reservation for.

• Also show resolved hostname when clicking into device, even when a custom name is set

I am confused about this one a lot and do not exactly understand what you wish to see on the device and why.  Really appreciated it if you could give me an example.

By default you show the device's resolved hostname, IE "ESP-12345". I can set a name like "Bedroom Lights" as an alias, but it would still be useful to see the actual hostname when you drill into the device details.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 238

Replies: 2

Voters 1