iPhones disconnecting from deco S4 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 23:35:47
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Set up the deco s4 last night and connected several items including Alexa's, tvs and phones however the iPhones keep disconnecting from the network randomly. It randomly says that network password is incorrect and we reenter but it only stays online for minutes before kicking us back to LTE. I've done a reset of my network settings on my phone but didn't resolve. 

iphone X

iphone 11 

iphone 13

Options
3 Reply
Re:iPhones disconnecting from deco S4 network
2022-08-15 23:53:54

@wertymole,

Is it possible you have set up a device white list or black list for your network security? 

The first thing I always recommend when disconnects like this happen is to navigate to the Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone and disable the setting on your home network for "Use Private Addressing" as this feature can cause issues and isn't as necessary for a home network.

Otherwise, I would ensure that the Deco S4 is updated with the latest firmware. Also, Does this happen with any of your other devices?

Options
2022-08-16 00:25:07 - last edited 2022-08-16 00:25:44

@Riley_S none of the devices are white or black listed in the app. The private WiFi address button in my Wi-Fi settings on my iPhone isn't clicked. Deco is updated to the latest firmware 1.5.1 20220113 which is the latest per the website. All other devices are working without any issues, it just seems to be an issue between the iPhones and Deco. I have a MacBook Pro and Apple TV and both are working fine as well. 

Options
2022-08-16 18:27:06

@wertymole,

Going through some of our previous posts for apple iphones disconnecting from the network, points me to believe that the Fast Roaming option on the router, is what is causing the devices to disconnect. There is a great post on our EN forums regarding the feature and where it can be found in your settings:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/180194

Make sure to come back to the US forums after visiting!

Options