Have x68 use a clean channel by manual or automatic means.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-17 06:34:21
Tags: #X68
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220530 Rel. 38490

I could not locate the hardware version on my x68.

I am trying to move my channel to a open space that is free of other SSIDs.  Automatically, the channels never change.  I used to be able to move to a different channel with my old router.  Thanks for any help.  Attached is a analysis of my channels.  Of course, mine are the stronger signals.

I would like to change my channels on the 2.4G band, but it is crowded with less space to move around.  My 5G channels are more important.

Thanks,

-Summest.

76f7da68d8d445749f3e97551d3ed301

Options
2 Reply
Re:Have x68 use a clean channel by manual or automatic means.
2022-08-17 16:42:40

@Summest,

Your Deco should automatically be using a channel that provides the least interference for the traffic passing along it. If the Deco is not changing channels automatically, when you believe that it should be, you can find the optimize button in the Deco app which will force the Deco to search for open channels and see if they would provide a better connection.

The ability to manually choose the channel of the network is something that we are starting to see users request, and we are passing the feedback along to our team as we get it. One of our admins on our global community had a great reply about how this was originally configured for our Decos. The post is older, and there are many new and exciting things coming, so don't take everything you see on the forum as law. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/154561  - Make Sure to Come Back to the US Forum After!

Options
Re:Have x68 use a clean channel by manual or automatic means.
2022-08-18 08:36:54

@Riley_S 

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am using app version 2.14.3.  Where is the optimize button?  I cannot seem to locate it.

I would like the ability to change channels, but if "the system" truly thinks there no interference, I guess I can learn to trust it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 2

Tags

X68