TP LINK AX 1800 Modem Frequent Disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-17 11:30:32
Tags: #Disconnection
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20211231 rel.63820(5553)

From a couple of days, probably after the latest update.

I had been facing frequent auto-disconnects every 2-5 mins and its pretty annoying especially when doing payments.

This is a major issue.

I checked through my ISP even and their connection is working fine when plugged directly into the LAN on my laptop.

But when connected to the router and using WAN, the disconnections starts.

Is there any solution or is it just like people reviewed and said that they faced frequent disconnections later on.

Kindly guide me to a permanent solution as I don't seem to like the fact that my money went to waste.

ISP: Tachyon Broadband 

Firmware Version:

1.3.5 Build 20211231 rel.63820(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX20 v1.20

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP LINK AX 1800 Modem Frequent Disconnections
2022-08-17 16:49:19

Hey @JohnsonGrath,

I am a little bit confused as what your actual network setup looks like. Do you have a modem from your ISP that is providing your Archer Unit WAN Access? If this is a unit that can also provide a wireless network, I think your network is experiencing issues with something such as DoubleNAT, which happens when multiple routers are trying to function on the same public IP address. This could be fixed by changing the settings on the modem, or moving the Archer Router to AP mode. 

Otherwise, can you provide more detailed information about your network, modem model/brand and your expected speeds from your ISP.

Options