Deco with Power over Ethernet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-17 17:45:18
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Are there any Deco units that support Power over Ethernet? The only hit I see for it on TP-Link's site is this POE adapter, but even that looks like a very specific power adapter on the splitter-end so I'm not sure how I'd use it. Anyone seen this before or know to use POE with Deco?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco with Power over Ethernet?
2022-08-17 18:05:49

@bethings 

They are in the research stages of creating a Deco model that uses POE. 

For the interim, I would suggest either

a TP-Link POEinjector

https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PoE150S-Injector-Adapter-Compliant/dp/B001PS9E5I/ref=sr_1_5?crid=13KE8AKCCAI9B&keywords=tp-link+POE&qid=1660759422&sprefix=tp-link+poe%2Caps%2C111&sr=8-5

or for multiple POE cameras;

a TP-Link POE Switch - They have them in multiple port variations

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Compliant-Shielded-Optimization-TL-SG1005P/dp/B076HZFY3F/ref=sr_1_3?crid=13KE8AKCCAI9B&keywords=tp-link+POE&qid=1660759481&sprefix=tp-link+poe%2Caps%2C111&sr=8-3

Options
2022-08-17 21:07:45

@bethings,

A few months ago we received a survey from the engineering team that was posted to the community forums to gather interest and details on how our users may use PoE here: PoE on Deco Survey;

Since then, they have closed the survey, but I have left the post up for users to continue expressing their interest in the feature in the comments section. 

I have not heard what the end results of the survey were, but I am hoping, just the same as you, that this feature is offered on a future Deco model.

Options
2022-08-17 21:15:41

@bethings,

Also, depending on what you are looking to use PoE for, there are several solutions available. The most common is to use a PoE Compatible Managed Switch to Distibrute PoE Connections to cameras and other devices. I do not believe that we currently have any PoE Switches listed under our Home Networking Section on our site, as they have been used by businesses in the past.

To find our PoE Switches that are available: TP-Link PoE Switches

If you provide more details about what you are trying to connect and setup, I would be more than willing to help you find a solution that would work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1096

Replies: 3

Related Articles