5G Network not offered

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5G Network not offered

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
5G Network not offered
5G Network not offered
2022-08-19 14:41:17
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a new TP-Link Archer AX3000 Wi-Fi router.

When I open the Windows Network & internet Settings panel to select a router to connect with, I only see the TP-Link_E970 SSID as a choice, but not the TP-Link_E970_5G SSID.

When I connect to the TP-Link_E970 SSID, then, am I connecting to BOTH the 2.4Ghz AND the 5Ghz, or must I do something more with the router to get to the 5G band?

Options
2 Reply
Re:5G Network not offered
2022-08-19 20:17:43

@MartinD55,

Devices and Network Products today, work with both bands to give devices the best and most consistent connection. This way, when you walk out of the range of the 5Ghz network, you will be automatically receiving data through the 2.4 Ghz network. I am not sure if there is a way to force the setting using the network adapter settings on your PC, however, you can be assured that you will be using the 5Ghz signal when you are within range of the signal, and it is deemed as providing a better connection than the 2.4Ghz.

Options
Re:5G Network not offered
2022-08-19 21:54:30

@MartinD55

Suspect in Wireless settings you have Smart Connect enabled?

One that web page, do you see both ID's? That is a 2.4Ghz one and a 5Ghz one?

From your description that you know you have a 5Ghz one and its SSID, I suspect you see both. On some routers though it might also show if Smart Connect is enabled and on some only one would show.

So, assuming you DO NOT have Smart Connect enabled, then the question becomes what is the Client device and what Network adapter does it have? Spme are only 2.4Ghz capabile, especially older devices or low banwidth one. like some Amazon or Streaming devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 193

Replies: 2