Access Mode - use RJ connector on remote mesh unit to connect via ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-19 19:28:07 - last edited 2022-08-22 19:33:26
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I installed 3 unit mesh X20 system in access point mode. The master unit is in the den and one remote is in the kitchen. I want to add a device in the kitchen that has an ethernet port (NO WIFI). Can I plug the ethernet port into one of the RJ45 ports on the D3eco unit. and connect to the mesh system that way? I  am afraid to do this as a trial because I am worried that I will cause some sort of feedback loop.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Access Mode - use RJ connector on remote mesh unit to connect via ethernet-Solution
2022-08-19 20:22:32 - last edited 2022-08-22 19:33:26

@VegasSam,

YES! This is one of the main advantages of mesh networks, and why many mesh nodes have fewer ethernet ports than a standard router. This is an extremely efficient way to distribute the load on the network, or to provide a more consistent connection to your home entertainment center.

In my case, I have network switches that support my wired security cameras after the mesh nodes, that way they use the dedicated backhaul, rather than the usable network signals to transmit their data into the main network and storage medium.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Access Mode - use RJ connector on remote mesh unit to connect via ethernet-Solution
2022-08-19 20:22:32 - last edited 2022-08-22 19:33:26

@VegasSam,

YES! This is one of the main advantages of mesh networks, and why many mesh nodes have fewer ethernet ports than a standard router. This is an extremely efficient way to distribute the load on the network, or to provide a more consistent connection to your home entertainment center.

In my case, I have network switches that support my wired security cameras after the mesh nodes, that way they use the dedicated backhaul, rather than the usable network signals to transmit their data into the main network and storage medium.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Access Mode - use RJ connector on remote mesh unit to connect via ethernet
2022-08-22 16:26:31

@Riley_S Thanks... works great!!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 2

Related Articles