all routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

all routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
all routers
all routers
2022-08-21 08:45:31

witch way should the router be facing . there is a back and a front . dose it mater . is the signal stronger in front or back or dose it mater . i have the router at one end of the house , and i have not seen anything on the placement and signal strenght  on witch way to face it                   

Options
2 Reply
Re:all routers
2022-08-21 15:22:15

@ARHZ 

It 'probably' doesn't matter, in terms of the signal at least.

Front facing, the side with the lights does show you some 'information' and that is why most would have it facing front. The back has the power cord, LAN ports, WAN port, and possible USB port. Putting that facing forward could make it look like a 'rats nest' of wires and even hard to run the wires to the router, but for some I guess it could be easier.

Some routes can be directional. If you Google "are router directional" you could get some help on this too.

This might be of interest to you as well, https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/455/

Options
Re:all routers
2022-08-22 17:17:08

@ARHZ,

It shouldn't matter what direction the wifi router is facing, except for the fact that you should try to keep the router horizontal and not mounted to a wall. As Irv said, I would recommend placing the router in which the back is easily accessible, while being able to easily see the status lights on the front of the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 2

Related Articles