Good companies update firmware often to improve security and fix issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-24 04:17:29
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Current

How come tplink does not push firmware updates more often? Deco X60 V2 has not received an update in over a year.

Other router manufactures do. @tplink  

Systems Support Technician: We do PRECISION Guess Work based on unreliable data provided by those of Questionable Knowledge
Options
8 Reply
Re:Good companies update firmware often to improve security and fix issues
2023-01-14 17:33:56

@BigW3260 too bad they won't reply. Just ignoring all our questions on bug fixes and firmware updates.

Options
2023-01-16 01:35:05

@BigW3260 

FIRMWARE WISE, TP-LINK LOST TO OTHERS. 

Options
2023-03-23 09:47:57
Yes, new firmware thanks...
Options
2023-03-23 14:47:31

@BigW3260 Don't even bother. Multiple people have asked multiple times, including myself. TP-Link's main goal is to saturate the market with new products released year after year rather than attempting to fix or update old products unless in dire circumstances.

Options
2023-03-25 07:04:35

@ACleverUsername It's amazing that even newer recent models like the X50-4G, X20-4G and X20 and don't even have proper updates. It's like selling new products and then say F to customers.

I run X50-4G as my main unit meshed with X50 and two M9s. So I'm basically stuck with barebone features despite the X50 sub-unit has a newer firmware. If your main unit has old firmware then TP-Link doesn't even bother.

Options
2023-03-25 22:38:05

@arktiknova Totally agree.  I have X60.  Have support until the next model

Options
2023-03-25 22:39:35

@BigW3260 Agree.  My last DECO due to the lack of updates

BigW3260 wrote

How come tplink does not push firmware updates more often? Deco X60 V2 has not received an update in over a year.

Other router manufactures do. @tplink  

Options
2023-03-26 17:30:47

@arktiknova Yeah, I've used TP-Link for years and I've noticed this with every product in every product category. If TP-Link wasn't the only company making Mesh WiFi with Powerline backhaul then I wouldn't even bother with them anymore. Alas, it's cheaper to deal with this than have ethernet run through an existing house. If I ever buy a newly constructed house I'm definitely having ethernet run to use normal wireless APs from some other brand.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 673

Replies: 8