Slow 2.4 GHz band since updating firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-06 02:59:54 - last edited 2022-09-06 13:51:34
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220603 rel. 3137

Since updating to the newest firmware version, 1.1.1, I have experienced a significant decrease in 2.4 GHz download speeds. Before updating I was getting about 53 Mbps download, and now I'm only getting 2 Mbps. My 5 GHz band speed is running normal at 400 Mbps. I have tested my speeds on both iPhone 12 and my desktop PC with the same results, so it has something to do with the new firmware causing problems with the 2.4 GHz band. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow 2.4 GHz band since updating firmware
2022-09-07 04:08:05

@Glennyrd 

A couple of things you can try if you have not already done so... Factory reset the router and reconfigure.  While I have not seen a problem like this on newer routers, in the past, I have seen firmware updates that did not "retain" configurations properly causing weird behavior after the update.  Factory resetting helped in these cases.  Also, I wonder if the router is choosing the best channel for the 2.4GHz band.  Try to manually assign it to something other than channel 6 as it is in the center of radios overall BW and therefore a common default channel for routers.  If you know how to use a wifi analyzer app on your computer or android phone, that can help you find the best channel with the least amount of neighboring interference.

I hope this helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 249

Replies: 1

Related Articles