AX11000 V1.6 ( Overnight disconnect from Internet will not connect back) MAC CLONE resolved

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX11000 V1.6 ( Overnight disconnect from Internet will not connect back) MAC CLONE resolved

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-08 10:03:24 - last edited 2022-09-13 08:12:09
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072(5553)

Good Morning,

So 4am EST I logged on to work to find my internet was down (So I thought it was)  I tried everything so I tested first to see if its the router or modem ( modem showed all green) when I connected directly to the modem everything worked.  The router indicated there was a problem with the internet. I changed the cable and even tried some firmware.  I also did a factory reset 2 times.  It would not get a connection from the internet.  When I switched to AP the internet worked so I know its not the hardware port.  It has to be a software bug.

What I did to resolve it was select clone MAC address and the internet started to work , I loaded backup file and it died again but I went into clone MAC (left it default) and it worked again.  Everything is back to normal but why all the sudden I had to change a default setting. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX11000 V1.6 ( Overnight disconnect from Internet will not connect back) MAC CLONE resolved
2022-09-08 17:05:07

@WKMAN,

While i have not heard of the issue occurring while the network is already set up, there is a possibility that your ISP made an update to their network that doesn't allow the MAC address of the router to connect.

If I am correct in what you are saying though, you were able to reconnect the router without a cloned MAC address after loading the backup file?

Options
Re:AX11000 V1.6 ( Overnight disconnect from Internet will not connect back) MAC CLONE resolved
2022-09-15 00:58:10

I suspect you lost the ip from the isp much like when you set up a new router. Try the procedure that is in the very first thread of the forum with the clone Mac off. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 2