Why are some ethernet devices not registering?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-11 18:52:30
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

My Roku Ultra is wired to the router but the router often cannot see it or drops the connection while I am using it. It then takes multiple reboots of everything before the router recognizes the Roku again.  I've tried different ports & different cables, but same issues.  The port lights up as soon as I connect the cable, but the router interface does not show the connection.  This also happens with a SIP device, but never happens with my printer. If it is a Roku problem, then why does it happen with the SIP device at the same time?  Seems like a router problem.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why are some ethernet devices not registering?
2022-09-12 18:43:15

@Schliebco,

I have seen some other articles regarding how FireTV devices do not always play well with the Roaming Options(wireless) and the Encryption Settings of the network, you can always try to change one of these settings to see if It is a small issue.

Otherwise, 

Have you tried to assign both the Roku and the SIP device a Static IP address?

If the DNS server is lagging out, you can try changing the DNS server of your router to Google's default 8.8.8.8

Lastly, do the Router Logs or Firewall Settings Indicate any Issues that may have occurred during the disconnect?

Options