Is the AXE75 wifi 6E a waste with no 6E capable clients?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-12 15:55:04 - last edited 2022-09-13 18:50:55
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I pulled the trigger to fast in puchasing a wifi 6 capable router.  I wanted a triband. Purchased the AXE75 6E router.  I have no 6E capable clients.

Am I wasting one of the bands?  Should I return the AXE75 for another wifi six triband router?  Would I gain anything by doing so?

thx,

Roger

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Is the AXE75 wifi 6E a waste with no 6E capable clients?-Solution
2022-09-12 18:38:02 - last edited 2022-09-13 18:50:55

@rogerwilker,

More and more devices are beginning to support the 6E Band, such as mobile phones; so essentially you are future-proofing your house for the next few years. I am also inclined to believe that the Wi-Fi 6E Devices would have more powerful hardware to accommodate the higher bandwidth, so you would still probably see an increase in performance in the Wi-Fi 6 Equivalent model.

As far as I am aware, the jump from Wi-Fi 6 to 6E is far less drastic than the increase from Wi-Fi 6E to 7, as Wi-fi 7 introduces more technologies and protocols meant to increase the connectivity and performance of legacy (2.4 and 5 Ghz devices).

Depending on your financial situation, I see no harm in keeping the device you purchased, and waiting to upgrade to Wi-Fi 7 a little later down the line; that way you will not necessarily need to upgrade as soon as you get a 6E compatible Device. If you are looking at the future of Wi-Fi and want to upgrade to take advantage of Wi-Fi 7 as soon as possible, I may recommend saving a penny or two and upgrading when it is released.

If you don't have any devices that are compatible, there is always the option of adding network adapters to your PCs. so that they can benefit from being the only device on the 6Ghz band, effectively giving them a designated SSID to communicate on.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Is the AXE75 wifi 6E a waste with no 6E capable clients?-Solution
2022-09-12 18:38:02 - last edited 2022-09-13 18:50:55

@rogerwilker,

More and more devices are beginning to support the 6E Band, such as mobile phones; so essentially you are future-proofing your house for the next few years. I am also inclined to believe that the Wi-Fi 6E Devices would have more powerful hardware to accommodate the higher bandwidth, so you would still probably see an increase in performance in the Wi-Fi 6 Equivalent model.

As far as I am aware, the jump from Wi-Fi 6 to 6E is far less drastic than the increase from Wi-Fi 6E to 7, as Wi-fi 7 introduces more technologies and protocols meant to increase the connectivity and performance of legacy (2.4 and 5 Ghz devices).

Depending on your financial situation, I see no harm in keeping the device you purchased, and waiting to upgrade to Wi-Fi 7 a little later down the line; that way you will not necessarily need to upgrade as soon as you get a 6E compatible Device. If you are looking at the future of Wi-Fi and want to upgrade to take advantage of Wi-Fi 7 as soon as possible, I may recommend saving a penny or two and upgrading when it is released.

If you don't have any devices that are compatible, there is always the option of adding network adapters to your PCs. so that they can benefit from being the only device on the 6Ghz band, effectively giving them a designated SSID to communicate on.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 1