Archer T3U Dropping connectivity a LOT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-18 20:00:11
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Sorry don't know the h/w of f/w version and not sure where to find that either. I have tried different settings under the advanced tab of the adapter properties but still get the wifi dropping connectivity to the internet when my other devices don't.

One thin gi did notice and i'm not sure how it happened ios that the only windows (win 10) driver version on the website is:

Archer T3U(US)_V1&V1.8_180724_Win

Dated 2018-11-09

However the win 10 driver installed is:

version 1030.41.514.2020

Date: 8/21/2020

Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

I may be answering my own question here but is it recommended to remove the newer driver and re-install the older one?

I've checked all the other usual stuff off the list.  Connected to laptop, same results throughout the house, laptop has a built-in 802.11n 2.4Ghz wifi adapter that i have disabled but if i enable that and disable the T3U then i have a stable connection again.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer T3U Dropping connectivity a LOT
2022-09-19 22:54:53

@Loon926xx ,

You can try to downgrade the driver, but the problem is usually fixed for similar issues simply by uninstalling the driver completely and reinstalling the current driver. Usually there is some setting in windows that has overwritten the driver, causing an incompatibility.

When the disconnect happens, is the adapters still being identified by the computer?

Does the network still show as being connected, just with no internet?

Options
2022-09-20 00:09:34

@Riley_S 

Thank you for tghe reply, I will give that a try.

When I do have the issue it still recognizes the adapter but shows "Internet not connected" in the system tray icon.

Options
2022-09-20 16:29:42

@Loon926xx,

If thats the case I would also recommend maybe try assigning the device a static IP address. It is also a possibility that the router's settings are conflicting with the device. I would recommend trying to change any settings on your router that relate to switching between the wifi bands, such as fast roaming.

Options
2022-09-21 05:07:21

@Riley_S 

Thank you Riley, I had already disabled any of the beamforming settings and the device sorta has a static IP, I have assigned it with a DHCP reservation IP address.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 683

Replies: 4