Need more verbose, helpful logging that includes (but not limited to) firewall activity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need more verbose, helpful logging that includes (but not limited to) firewall activity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-24 16:50:02
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel.12163(5553)

I've been relatively happy with the basic function of this router, however the absence of any useful logging is a glaring omission.  I would even go as far as to say that it renders the use of the router relatively unsafe because I have absolutely no idea what is going on, for example, with firewall activity... intrusion attempts, ingress/egress, etc.  I'm well aware of the existing (visible) log functionality and the "Traffic Monitor," neither of which is sufficient.

We need logging, folks.  It's frankly not even a major ask, and I've seen other posts asking for the same going back over a year.  Will not go back to Netgear but I'll definitely be finding another router to use if this cannot be addressed... which is nonsense as I've only had this one for perhaps four months.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need more verbose, helpful logging that includes (but not limited to) firewall activity
2022-09-26 18:12:14

@2112,

Im sorry to hear that the logging features in both the Traffic Monitor and the Logging System are not sufficient for your network. When it comes to the system log, what information/filters are you hoping to see. I noticed that 'Firewall' is a filter option on the System Log, so what information would you have expected to receive via this filter vs what you actually received.

Without more detailed information regarding what users would like to see logged, all I can do is pass feedback along that says "Improve logging Data"

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 290

Replies: 1