Tplinkwifi.net preventing access to other routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-25 13:59:05

I have an AX73 and two AX21 routers to provide full coverage of my house and all my devices.  Ever since the latest firmware update for the AX73, I can no longer access the web admin pages of the AX21s.  When I go to the IP address of the AX21s, in any browser, the login page automatically redirects to the AX73 using tplinkwifi.net.  I can't find any way to override this, and now I cannot manage the AX21s.  Using Tether works, but it's not an acceptable option, as it does not provide full management and I sometimes need to change the 2.4ghz channels on the AX21s because of neighboring WiFi interference.  Need to be able to disable Tplinkwifi.net so I can manage all 3 routers independently.   

Options
9 Reply
Re:Tplinkwifi preventing access to other routers
2022-09-26 17:48:26

@Rgnet5,

Have you tried to connect directly to the routers using the IP address of your router, rather than the TPlinkwifi address? It would make sens that the TPLinkwifi would redirect to the device that is controlling the actual backbone and wireless network, as this is also the device that is running the DHCP server for the network. If you are still unable to manage the devices over a wireless connection, you can connect a computer to the other nodes, to access their settings through an Ethernet cable and using an IP address

Options
2022-09-26 18:13:38

@Riley_S I am connecting using a PC over wired Ethernet.  All 3 routers are in AP mode, with an Ethernet backhaul to the main router.  They are all statically addressed, and they are not providing DHCP service.  I use a browser to connect to the IP address of the unit (either the AX73 or the 2 AX21s).  When I connect to any one, I get the login screen, enter my creds, then as soon as I click login, I am redirected via tplinkwifi.net to another router (usually the AX73), and get a new login screen.  Then it all repeats endlessly.  I can only connect via tether now.   All 3 are running the latest firmware available for their respective models.  We really need an option to disable that redirect, especially if we are running multiple units.

Raymond. 

Options
2022-09-26 18:24:18

@Rgnet5,

Thanks for the additional information, Ill feed this along to our team to see if it can be looked into. Meanwhile, your main router will have a section for Administration under the Advanced Tab. Here you can turn off the remote management for your main device, so that it can only be altered through a hardwired connection to the router, or via a specified device. I would imagine that altering these settings would allow you to get separate control of your devices.

Options
2022-09-26 18:38:46

@Riley_S Right now, I can't log into any of the 3 AX routers.  They all in AP mode, and the main router is another brand.  I don't allow any remote management on anything.  And I would have setup the AX access points to allow only local access, but I don't think that option is available when they are running in AP mode.  Previously, I was always, and only, able to connect via the IP address over local Ethernet.  Something in the latest AX73 firmware seems to have changed that.   I upgraded it last week and that's when the trouble started.  I was only able to log into the AX73. I tried downgrading to the previous release of AX73 firmware and it made no difference.  So I went back to the newest version and that made things worse.  Now I can't log into any of them.  The redirect keeps looping forever.  I can only access via Tether now.   

Options
2022-09-28 23:57:50

@Rgnet5,

If you have remote management settings all disabled, you would have also disabled the ability to manage the router from the local network, you have to connect your computer directly to the router to access the management interface. I have a feeling that this may have gotten toggled on accident, and may be why you can only redirect to your AX73.

Options
2022-09-29 01:54:46

@Riley_S They are all in Access Point Mode, so I don't think that's an option, or even what is going on.  I was able to log into all 3 by IP address directly, until I upgraded the AX73 firmware.  Downgraded and it didn't help.  I power cycled all 3 at the same time yesterday and it was working again, and I could log into each one by IP independently.  Today it is back to infinite redirect looping.   Can we please request a firmware option to disable the redirect when in Access Point mode? 

Options
2022-09-29 11:45:14

@Rgnet5 

Sorry for jumping in. I'm curious about how the AX73 and AX21s connected, are the two AX21s connected to the AX73 via wired Ethernet?

Options
2022-09-29 11:56:46

@Kevin_Z They are all Ethernet connected back to a common "core" switch, which is connected to the main firewall router (Firewalla Gold).  Basically 3 APs, distributed across my house with an Ethernet backhaul to the main router.  

Options
2022-09-30 06:23:41

@Rgnet5 

Thank you very much for getting back with the additional information.

I believe the senior engineers has got contact with you via email, please let the community know once this gets figured out.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 612

Replies: 9

Related Articles