Looking for a router that can support 100-200 devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 08:28:38
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I'm using M4R deco currently, I would like to add a router to replace M4R as my router.

I still need to use all my 6 unit M4R as my mesh ap function, I need a router can support 100 ~ 200 users  . May I know which router is suitable for my office?

Currently my office only using 1 internet line and one of the Deco M4R is set as main unit router, this few months all my devices keep auto disconnect from network or very slow and unstable, or internet speed is 800Mbps.

Can someone advice me which router should I take?

Regards,

Patrick 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Looking for a router that can support 100-200 devices
2022-09-28 08:30:35
I asking TP-Link on Facebook, they suggest me to use TP-Link ER605, but I'm not sure will this be solve my problem not?
Options
2022-09-28 23:24:08

@Pat1185,

The Omada line of products is our business specific line of products and probably is more well suited for what you are looking for, with so many devices actively connected. However, if you would like to stay on the residential side of our brands, you should be looking towards the any of the new routers with Wi-Fi 6E, as this provides additional bandwidth for your devices, and a router that offers a designated band for the backhaul, as having this many users on your network will cause the backhaul to be always in use.

If you stick with another Deco, you will be able to create a mesh system with your M4R, rather than placing the M4R in AP mode.

Options
2022-09-29 02:27:21

@Riley_S 

Thank you for your reply, Do you have any suggestion for this issue?

This is belongs to my church, and we are doing live streaming every sunday for 3 service.

I need a router etc that can support 100-200 device , live streaming and use our current M4R deco.

Regards,

Patrick 

Options