Clients being dropped after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-01 17:37:48
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211210 rel.51212(5553)

I think I deleted my original post by accident...oops!

Earlier this week, I upgraded the firmware on my Archer C7 V5 router to the newest version via the built-in Online Upgrade feature. Since then, my wireless clients (phone, tablets) will eventually be dropped and cannot reconnect. If I shut off the router, let it sit for a few moments, then power it back up clients can then reconnect...only to be dropped again after a few hours. I performed a factory reset but the issue still remains for me. I decided to try to downgrade the firmware to the previous version as I didn't have this issue but when I try to do so, I will get an "Invalid File Type" error message. I double-checked to make sure I downloaded the correct one for my hardware version so perhaps it isn't possible to downgrade the firmware?

I did submit a support request prior to posting this but want to throw it out to the community to see if anyone has experienced anything like this before and, if so, is there a possible solution I can try.

Thanks for reading this and for any ideas!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 197

Replies: 0