DECO M5 not assignining IP thus device keeps saying unable to option IP, check DCHP server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M5 not assignining IP thus device keeps saying unable to option IP, check DCHP server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-12 19:29:30 - last edited 2022-10-13 17:08:33
Tags: #tesla
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

It seems every devices are connected except my car.

I tried to connect my car (Tesla) to my wifi but won't connect and keeps saying unable to obtain IP address.

I tried to turn off beam forming, fast roaming but same thing.

I even tried to change my network name but it still won't connect.

My car doesn't seem to have issue as it connects to my hotspot or connects to neighbor's wifi. just my home wifi.

What options can I try in this case?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DECO M5 not assignining IP thus device keeps saying unable to option IP, check DCHP server-Solution
2022-10-13 07:48:02 - last edited 2022-10-13 17:08:33

@todesto 

There is a new firmware for Deco M5. In the release note, it mentioned 1. Fixed the bug that clients won't be able to obtain IP addresses randomly.

Maybe you could install the latest 1.6.1 firmware via US sites.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:DECO M5 not assignining IP thus device keeps saying unable to option IP, check DCHP server
2022-10-13 00:06:25

@todesto 

The first thing to try is changing the DNS servers on your router.  It could be that you are using ISP specific and its confusing the Tesla.  I found this on their forums.  Try changing  the DNS to 

Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

-or-

OpenDNS:  208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

If that does not work we would need to consult our engineering team as we have not ever tested our Deco Mesh with Telsa so there may be a compatibility issue with how they connect to a network.  

Options
Re:DECO M5 not assignining IP thus device keeps saying unable to option IP, check DCHP server-Solution
2022-10-13 07:48:02 - last edited 2022-10-13 17:08:33

@todesto 

There is a new firmware for Deco M5. In the release note, it mentioned 1. Fixed the bug that clients won't be able to obtain IP addresses randomly.

Maybe you could install the latest 1.6.1 firmware via US sites.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:DECO M5 not assignining IP thus device keeps saying unable to option IP, check DCHP server
2022-10-13 17:08:27

@Heidi_Alp OMG. This was the specific issue that I was having issue with. As soon as I read this post, I checked Deco app, sure enough, there is an update with bug fixes about obtaining IP. Installed update and my car connects without any issue. Geez.....

Thank you so much for the info.

It was weird that my car was the only device that was having issue, nothing else in the house.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 3

Tags

tesla