I couldn't connect some IoT devices, even in the 2.4GHz network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-19 16:38:21
Tags: #Wi-Fi 6E #IoT
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

Hi, I get the Deco XE75 recently and I my life change completly I am very happy with this product, I just have a problem that I am not be able to resolve, the problem is when I try to connect certain IoT devices like a bulb and a plug, I am not able to do it, I do not know why, maybe the devices are too old, but the devices cannot join the Deco's 2.4GHz network, I tried disabling the 5GHz network, does not work, I tried enabling the Guest 2.4GHz network, does not work, I did so many things and the devices just not connect.
There is someone who experienced and found a solution for this issue, I would really appreciate it if you guys could share me a brief solution. yes

P.S. I want to apologies if I have misspellings, I am not native english speaker but I am improving and trying my best. laugh

Thank you all! heart

Options
4 Reply
Re:I couldn't connect some IoT devices, even in the 2.4GHz network
2022-10-20 00:06:13

Hey @KenndallS

Can you provide some additional information such as why types of plugs you are trying to connect? What brand of device is it and what setup method/app are you using?

At what point in the setup does the device fail to connect to the network?

It is strange that you cannot connect multiple devices, especially when the 5Ghz network is disabled. 

Options
2022-10-20 20:02:36

Hi @Riley_S,

I have an Esicoo plug model YX-WS01 and a Nexxt bulb model NHB-C210, I have used all available methods to set them up (EZ mode, AP mode and BT mode), these devices work with my old Wi-Fi on the 2.4 GHz network, but since I set up my mesh system I couldn't connect them up.

Options
2022-10-26 04:26:42

Hi  @Riley_S , do you know a solution for this case?
I have done all the possible methods to connect them and I continue with the problem.
I know is a weird situation, and I believe it is not a Deco problem, Deco it is working fine, but is pretty weird that I am not able to connect them to the 2.4GHz network. The IoT devices works with my old Wi-Fi but I do not bought that mesh system to still using my discontinued router, you know what I mean?

Options
2022-10-26 16:48:04

@KenndallS,

If the devices are older, it may simply be that there is an incompatibility between the encryption methods used to communicate via Wi-Fi. I would recommend trying to change the encryption settings for your guest wifi, and then try to connect the devices there. I think it is definitely strange that you cant see the network. I would look at the support and guides for your devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1224

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles