Beta Firmware for Select Deco Models and Verizon ONT Compatability

Beta Firmware for Select Deco Models and Verizon ONT Compatability

16 Reply
Re:Beta Firmware for Select Deco Models and Verizon ONT Compatability
2022-12-20 07:56:41

@Holocron 

Yes, so does 1.1.8 of Deco XE75.

For other users, The official firmware for Deco X68/X3600/W7200 to fix this issue will be released very soon.

Since some users might still be unable to detect the official firmware, we will still leave the beta firmware as a backup plan.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-28 19:23:15

@David-TP Just FYI, it seems to have resolved the upstream issue. However, it looks to me like it has degraded the bandwidth on the downstream side.I used to get nearly full bandwidth on the downstream side (1GB, so I would see 800+).

Options
2023-01-04 00:52:55

@Holocron,

I cannot tell for sure without the exact model number, however looking at the patch notes for the Decos, there were updates pushed that specify an increased performance under a Verizon ISP. Most of the models have fixes pushed that are related to this topic. There were also other optimizations made to the firmware that could greatly increase the device's potential performance in some situations, Verizon ISP or not.

I would recommend updating your Decos to the newest firmware, as it appears fixes were made to most affected models. 

It would be greatly appreciated if any users that were previously experiencing the behavior could upgrade to the latest general released and verify that the issue has been fixed.

Options
2023-01-04 23:06:40

When I try to apply the beta firmware via the webui I get this error message:

"Upgrade failed. Please select the latest version of firmware to upgrade."

Really hoping this beta firmware fixes the 5mbps upload speeds =(

Options
2023-01-05 00:24:55

@JoshPA, For many affected devices, the fixes have been pushed to the official firmware release.

Please ensure that you have updated your router to match the most recent firmware version on the support page for your router. The update, when done automatically, may not be seen by your router initially, as the firmware is rolled out to devices slowly; but the bin files from the support site can still be used to upgrade the firmware.

Options
2023-01-05 00:34:20

@Riley_S Thanks for the response!  I tried to update via the App and it says no update available - I'm at 1.0.2.  I tried to update via the WebUI and it won't let me apply the beta firmware.  I did a factory reset as well...  any other ideas?  Thanks!

Options