Cannot Connect to Deco X5700

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-22 17:47:12
Model: Deco X5700  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am having issues connecting to my X5700 router.  It was working most of the day yesterday and when I returned from being out of the house for several hours the deco system was down (both units, I only have 2 units for my house, both X5700).  I verfied the modem was working first and it had steady internet.  Last night I tried to reconnect the router several times via the app but it would not reconnect so I ended up hitting the reset button on the main deco.  That allowed me to try to reset the deco mesh network from scratch but when I tried to create a new network it would not connect.  I would get to the step in the app where it says to either automatically connect to the network or manually connect and it could not connect to the deco created network (now a different name than my previous network).  It would blink blue for maybe 1 min and then it would change to solid yellow and stay yellow for another minute before changing back to blinking blue.  It would continue this loop no matter if i tried to reset it or not.  I tried this exercise multiple times with my main deco and it did not have different results.  I also tried it with my other deco unit and it had the same result of blinking blue lights to solid yellow.  I am unsure of how to get the deco unit to keep a steady blinking blue light to connect.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot Connect to Deco X5700
2022-10-24 21:08:09

@dpanderson14,

According to the LED light status for your Deco, I would guess that they are simply going through the entire reset process. The flashing blue light is the phase at which you would be expected to connect to the deco, not solid blue. When you were trying to set up your network, were the other satellite decos disconnected?

What was the issue with attempting to connect to the new network created by your reset Deco? Was the default SSID not available in your list of available networks?

7c1d18c625d64f5281081806580171be

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 1

Related Articles