Tried & failed to set up Archer 6 (AC1200) as an AP
I looked at several forums and YouTube channels and can't get my Archer A6 connected as a bridge access point connected to my Xfinity xFi gateway.
My goal is to extend my xFi gateway to the tplink wireless
I connected the xFi LAN port to the Archer WAN port. < is this correct, others have told be to connect to any one of the 4 LAN ports>
I connected wirelessly to the Archer and changed the password using my laptop.
I logged into TP_Link_385A_5G and can see the internet. My internet gateway is 10.0.0.1. I can browse the internet on my laptop. The tplink shows 1 wireless device (my laptop) and shows the internet is connected to 10.0.0.214.
I set the tplink LAN address to 192.168.0.214
Under IPTV I clicked the enable and set all LANs to the internet.
- Thus far the Operation mode is still set to 'router' and not as an access point
Under network, I have the DHCP check box not enabled.
Under Advanced--> Status under wireless 5G, the WDS status is assoc, not run
- Do I need to change the operating mode to access point from router?
When I'm done will the tplink wifi SSID still be TP-Link_385A_5G or do I need to change this to the xFi SSID ?
- I next changed the operating mode to access point and now cannot log in via wifi at tplinkwifi.net or the IP address http://192.168.0.1
If I connect wirelessly to the xFi SSID it shows an unconnected Archer6 at 10.0.0.214 (static IP) and an Archer 6 at ethernet 10.0.0.212, assigned by DHCP. If I use the browser to connect to 10.0.0.212, I get the tplink web page. It shows no wireless clients and 3 wired clients. The wired clients are (1) my laptop, (2) my xFi gateway 10.0.0.1 and (3) 10.0.0.72 (amazon alexa).
I next logged off the xFi SSID and logged into TP_Link_385A_5G. In this mode, it shows 1 wireless client (my laptop) and 2 wired clients (1) xFi gateway 10.0.0.1, (2) 10.0.0.72 (Alexa). (The 4 LANS are unconnected, only the WAN is connected to my Xfinity xFi)
- The TP-Link browser doesn't show an advanced tab, < is that correct >
- The LAN shows smartIP(DHCP) connected < is this correct >
- The DHCP Server is set to Auto < is this connect >
I'm not sure if this setup is working correctly yet or not. At the Archer would the users be would logging into wifi give access to everything the Xfinity xFi sees?