XE5300 Wired Backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

XE5300 Wired Backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
XE5300 Wired Backhaul
XE5300 Wired Backhaul
2022-11-13 22:28:16
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.15

Setup is as follows - Gateway / Main Deco / Network Switch that runs to one end of house. One of the drops from that switch runs to other side of house where another switch is. From there, it splits off to multiple wired accessories and another satellite deco.

We had a brief power outage the other day and the second Deco will no longer connect via the wired connection, only wirelessly back to the main Deco.

TP Link's phone support has been unable to resolve after hours on the phone.

All of the switches show connectivity one their respective outlets. 

Is there anything else that I should be trying to restore the wired connection to the 2nd satellite?

Options
2 Reply
Re:XE5300 Wired Backhaul
2022-11-15 00:35:41

@TXPhiDelt,

If your switches do not have a designated WAN port, you might just try changing the ports on the switch, last this may force the deco to change its ethernet settings.

Since all of your switch ports are showing connectivity, it sounds like it may be a problem with a network settings such as negotiation, or IP Addressing.

Do the wired devices connected to the satellite switch maintain their internet connection to the internet?

You could try placing the satellite deco in between the switches, so the deco would only have to 'hop' through one switch. The wired devices would then communicate directly with the satellite deco, rather than the primary. Testing is the only way to find what situation works best for your hardware and setup.

If you take the satellite deco and connect it to either the first switch or directly to the main deco, does the deco connect via the ethernet cable or still wirelessly? If you also have two of the same deco, you could try and switch the deco units, as this would force the units to reconfigure.

Otherwise, I would recommend resetting the satellite deco and trying to connect it to your network again as a new device. This would force the node to forget any of the network settings that may be saved for the wired connection.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:XE5300 Wired Backhaul
2022-11-15 02:30:32

@Riley_S 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. For what it's worth, this setup had has been working since I setup the system. I haven't changed anything in the app, setting wise pre/post power outage. Is it possible that something inside of the unit itself changed as a result of the power outage? 

I've tried resetting the unit multiple times without success while on the phone with your reps. The app will show that it's looking for a new deco and ultimately will not find it per the pop-up message. When I go to the main page of the app, the satellite is suddenly listed there on the network map and the green led is illuminated on the unit itself.

I've spent over 3 hours on the phone this week without any positive change. At this point, I just want to start over with a new system.

Nothing will connect to this satellite unit at this point despite the unit showing online via a strong wireless connection to the main Deco.

This unit will not secure a wired connection when plugged into the main deco and or the first switch if I bring the satellite into the same room.

Would you be able to assist in a warranty swapout?

Options