Help with setup for AC750 WiFi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-22 23:58:54

I've set up the extender, but I'm confused. With a previous extender, the network it set up had an extension that clearly identified the network. So if my network name was Widget, the extended network was Widget-extended.

I'm not sure if that is the same with the AC750. Or if it uses the same name as my existing network. If so, that's why I can't see it. And if that's so, do I just give the extender's network a different name so that there will be a regualr Widget network and a Widget-extended network? And how do I do that? Start the whole process over?

I think I'm close here, but I'm just a bit uncertain. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob

Options
2 Reply
Re:Help with setup for AC750 WiFi extender
2022-11-24 12:02:23

@BobbyGee 

Hi, is your AC750 RE215/200 or any model starting with RE XXX?

If now, both 2.4ghz and 5ghz lit up on the AC750, then we don't need to start it over. (If the lights are off, setting up again with a different name would be recommended.)

You could try the following steps:

* if you have Tether APP installed, the name could be changed directly to "Main router-EXT"

image-20210824110502-18 20210824030822n

* if no Tether APP yet,

• please connect the mobile device to AC750.(stand next to AC750(or temporarily power off the main router) to make sure you are connected to AC750),
  • then log into the web UI of AC750:How to log into the Web GUI of my Range Extender 
  • change the AC750 name under wifi settings>Extended Network

Best regards.

Options
Re:Help with setup for AC750 WiFi extender
2022-11-24 14:14:30
thanks for the response. I could not find the page where you can change the extended network name. That is, using the app, I could not find a way to bring up that page. But I found information that said that I don't have to change the extended network name. If I use my basic network name, the extender will switch on its own to the best network, either the original network or the extended network. Just looking for confirmation on that.
Options