La Crosse Weather Station WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-04 15:07:20
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Community,

I was wondering if anyone out there uses a La Crosse Weather Station with WiFi and can successfully connect it to their Deco. I am having the hardest time getting my La Crosse device to connect to the 2.4 GHz network. These weather stations only connect to the 2.4 GHz channel. I have turned off the 5 GHz channel, turned off all satellite decos, and have verified that my phone was connected to the 2.4 GHz network. I have put the weather machine and phone right next to the Deco and I have gone outside to the furthermost spot possible and still no connect.

I hope its a problem with the La Crosse App. But, is there anyone here that maybe has successfully connected?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:La Crosse Weather Station WiFi
2022-12-04 20:36:35
Hello, It is your La Crosse Weather Station. I have a customer with one and we did exactly the steps you outlined and were able to connect to the Deco Mesh. Once connected, we turned the 5Ghz back on and all was good.
Options
2022-12-04 21:19:21

@DAServices Thanks for the reply. Which method finally worked for you; getting the weather station far away or super close to the main deco?

Options
2022-12-05 15:48:05

@HatchedThatch 

Neither.   We left the Weather station in the same relative location. Turned off the 5GHz. Confirmed that the Cell was still functioning on Wi-Fi, so we knew it was connected to the 2.4GHz. Rebooted the Weather Station. Made the Weather Station Wi-Fi connection. Tested and then turned the 5GHz back on. 

Options