firmware upgrade for router bought in US but using in Canada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-05 20:12:13
Model: TL-WDR3600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.13.34 Build 130909 Rel.53148n

Can I install the US firmware on my router as it was purchased in US or do I need to use the Canadian one as I am using it in Canada? A little confusing as there is contadictory info.

• Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.

• 2.If you’re in a region out of United States, please do not upgrade US firmware.Click here to choose your region for the most suitable firmware. 

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:firmware upgrade for router bought in US but using in Canada
2022-12-06 22:16:41

@Sequoyah,

You will want to download the firmware from the US site as you will want the firmware version's region to match the region of the device. 

There are limitations on wireless technologies for different regions, so some hardware versions may be needing to communicate on different frequencies depending on the region. While I would assume the differences between the CA and US versions would be small there would still be a risk when using mismatched firmware. Also, if there are any large differences between the two regional versions, such as 5Ghz frequency limitations, your device may not function to its full capabilities outside of the US.

Options
Re:firmware upgrade for router bought in US but using in Canada
2022-12-12 06:29:04

@Riley_S Thanks, I will go ahead and install the US version.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 2

Related Articles