Slow access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow access point
Slow access point
2023-01-08 23:40:32
Model: Archer C54  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: stock

I bought this for an 2nd access point. When logged into either 2.4ghz or 5ghz its speeds are less then 5mbps. When I log into router #1 its 80mbps but connection drops often. When Im closer to router #1 theres no problems with connection and +350 mbps. 

What are troubleshooting for this type of thing?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow access point
2023-01-09 13:06:04
hi
Options
Re:Slow access point
2023-01-09 17:54:36

@Johnnn

There is defintely steps that can be taken to improve the connection quality, however, this behavior could be a result of a few factors.

1) I would first try to remove the AP from the network and verify if the internet drops still occur on your client devices. 

2) If the behavior persists with one router, I would troubleshoot this behavior before adding an AP into the network.

2) If the behavior only happens when you are distant from the router, make sure that your device is successfully changing between the wireless bands. You can verify by performing a speed test, then restarting the wifi on your phone, and then performing another speed test to compare.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 2

Related Articles