Difference between versions of PA9020p

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-09 02:03:30
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I purchased two PA-9020 KIT version 1.0 in 2017, hoping to network much of my 1960's house.  The 4th adapter in the garage was always unstable and I eventually gave up and installed another WiFi mesh unit in the garage.  This post was prompted by (once again) having to crawl under a desk and behind furniture to resync the remaining three Powerline units.  Amazon can have more units here in two days, but.......

Question: Is there a significant difference between versions of the PA09020p? (V1, V2, V3, V4)

Are the newer hardware versions:

• Faster?
  • More Stable?
  • More tolerant of wiring issues?
  • Based on the (exact) same interface chip? (or, on a newer version of the chip?)

Specifically, I have a PA9020p-Kit version 3.8 that is still "in the box".  If I purchase another set from Amazon, my assumption is that Amazon will deliver version 4.0 units.

Is there any significant difference between 3.8 and 4.0?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Difference between versions of PA9020p
2023-01-14 12:08:18

@UnWired 

Is there a significant difference between versions of the PA09020p? (V1, V2, V3, V4)

No. Except for not sharing the same software, they work almost the same.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Difference between versions of PA9020p
2023-01-14 17:10:47

@UnWired 

Appreciate you taking the time to respond.  Is there anything on line that details the differences?  Typically model numbers change because there has been some change in the actual components, which is why newer software cannot be used on the older model(s).  Maybe some chip used in the first model isn't produced anymore?

The question is because it is so irritating when that light turns red and I have to crawl under and behind things to reset three units.  It would be worth $200 to avoid that if V4 units (and the newer software) are somehow better than V1.  "Almost the same" doesn't say very much. (sigh)

Options