Ethernet = Lower Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ethernet = Lower Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ethernet = Lower Speeds
Ethernet = Lower Speeds
2023-01-09 11:06:16
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I have:

Modem---(ethernet)---Main Deco----(ethernet)---Switch---(ethernet)---Satellite Deco---(ethernet)---PC

Between the main deco and the satellite deco, it was wireless but I bought a long ethernet cable and plugged it in.  The Deco app recognises the main deco and the satellite deco are connected through ethernet.

Speed coming into the house is around 200MB.

Speed on wireless (to the PC) was 94MB.

I connected the long ethernet cable from the switch to the PC directly and was getting 195MB in speed.

Now I have connected the long ethernet to the satellite deco, my speeds have dropped again to 94MB.

I thought I'd be getting full speed if the decos are linked via ethernet?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet = Lower Speeds
2023-01-09 23:54:07

@DukeCaboom,

Before you do anything, make sure that your Deco has indeed switched backhaul methods to the Ethernet cable; it is possible that the Deco did not switch backhauls and is still connected wirelessly. For most of our Deco nodes, you can identify the source of the backhaul connection in the deco app. If the Deco has not switched, replug in the satellite deco's power, as the Deco will automatically scan wi-fi channels and declare a backhaul method when booting.

From Your PC's network adapter settings, you should be able to identify a field name "Link Speed" or something similar. This stat will tell you what speed the PC is capable of connecting to the network with, given its current wiring and infrastructure. If the speed is not 1000, try to change the ethernet cable to your PC.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1

Related Articles