XE75 - New User - Questions and Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-10 03:11:13
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Version 1.0 Build 20220927 release 64671

I am new to the Deco family moving from Google Nest, legacy and Pro.  So far the speed increase it amazing but I have had a few issues that I want to see if you guys can help.

1.  App show nodes offline but the internet is working.  I assume this is a cloud ping issue?

2.  I have had issues with some computers/appliances staying connected.  It says connected but I have zero internet access.  I have to disconnect and in some cases forget the network to reconnect.

3.  Full loss of internet for everything requiring a full reboot of the Deco system.  Seems to be stable since.

Any suggestions on making things better?

Options
6 Reply
Re:XE75 - New User - Questions and Issues
2023-01-10 17:22:49

@Cherk947,

According to the firmware version you have posted, there is a more up to date version available. I believe that this firmware update had fixes for stability, a few fixes for the nodes appearing offline, and a few other fixes to optimize the performance. I would recommend first trying to update to the newest version of the firmware. You can find the firmware for your device here: Deco XE75 v2 Downloads

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
2023-01-10 18:16:48

@Riley_S 

Looks like the same version on the website I am running?  Deco XE75(US)_V2_1.0.0 Build 20220927. Is there a beta location for testing files?

Options
2023-01-10 19:00:04

@Cherk947,

My Apologies; the build number often matches the date of the release, but not in this case. 

1.  App show nodes offline but the internet is working.  I assume this is a cloud ping issue?

When this occurs, what is the color of the LED on the satellite, while the network may be connected to the internet, that node might be disconnected from the network. The other nodes would then take over the connection. Does the node show as disconnected when you are connected to both the Wi-Fi and via Cellular Network? 

2.  I have had issues with some computers/appliances staying connected.  It says connected but I have zero internet access.  I have to disconnect and in some cases forget the network to reconnect.

This is almost always a result of the settings on the device and the router conflicting. However, a few settings can also cause this if not properly configured.

If you assign a static IP without an IP reservation, it is possible that the IP address is being used by another device to access the network. 

It may be worth creating an IP reservation, as this will create a guaranteed address for the device to connect to the network with.

Disabling Fast Roaming or Mesh Networking Settings for devices is recommended for stability issues on devices and may help the devices stay connected to the network.

While it should not matter for this, changing the DNS server of the router to a common service often results in a better overall network experience and may be enough to fix whatever setting is causing the disconnects

3.  Full loss of internet for everything requiring a full reboot of the Deco system.  Seems to be stable since.

This may have been a disconnect between your ISP modem and the Deco. If the behavior repeats, check your modem lights to ensure that the modem has a connection to the internet.

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

Options
2023-01-10 19:11:26

@Riley_S 

1.  Node LED does not change.  Usually shows connected in a few seconds with the same amount of devices connected.

2.  Statics set from the start for a few devices.  Updated DNS to Google

3.  Only needed once.  Will keep an eye on

Thanks for your help

Options
2023-01-10 21:52:00

@Cherk947,

No problem! I know how frustrating it can be when everything seems like it should be working correctly. 

If the behavior perists, adjust the settings for Mesh and Fast Roaming as mentioned above.

Something I forgot about, as it's not available on all Deco models. Beamforming. This is one of the newer technologies that works to focus the signal on your device to provide a better connection. Many devices were not designed to accommodate this type of networking and may have issues with reconnecting or initially connecting to the network. This has been seen even with common devices such as Google Homes or Apple TVs not being able to reconnect. Try disabling the beamforming feature on the deco to see if this will help the stability 

Options
2023-01-15 03:16:40

Found out that Deco XE75 can work as my ISP modem/router.  Constant speeds I have never seen on WiFI before. 650+ MB!  Did not know the Deco could bypass the ISP Gateway.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 679

Replies: 6

Related Articles