XE75 5ghz and 6ghz unable to be found/connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-12 06:04:13
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20221121 Rel. 36280

I got the XE75 deco a couple of days ago. When installed I noticed within the app I was connected via 2.4ghz even right up against the router. Once I went around connecting everything else I got the same result. I forced the connection within the app to do 5ghz only, but that resulted in the network showing up, then a few seconds later no networks available. I also went to test my 6e capable computer for the 6ghz connection. No network available other than the deco's 2.4ghz connection (yes I enabled the 6ghz band in the app for other devices).

Troubleshooting steps:

Turned off and back on

Firmware update

Forcing 5ghz only

Static ip configured

Disabled beamforming

Disabled ALG

Changed security to wpa/wpa2

Set 5ghz width to 80mhz instead of 160

Amazon return on first XE75 thinking it was faulty hardware

There must be something I can do, any advice, thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:XE75 5ghz and 6ghz unable to be found/connected
2023-01-12 17:21:09 - last edited 2023-01-12 17:56:46

@AustinM,

FYI: If your 6E PC was running Windows 10, you would not have been able to see the 6Ghz network. 6GHz compatibility was introduced with the Windows 11 Update. It is also extremely important that you use the most up-to-date drivers from your network card's developer, as these have updates to improve 6Ghz compatibility.

I would recommend looking to see if the deco node is broadcasting its wireless signal for the 5Ghz band. If you download a Wi-Fi analyzer app on your phone, you will be able to see what networks are being broadcasted around you. I am curious if the 5Ghz network is still being broadcast even when the network is invisible to your device. 

If you have more than one deco node, try swapping them, as this reconfiguration between nodes can often fix a lot of odd behaviors.

To test the band, I would recommend attempting to configure a Guest Network that will only use the 5GHz band and seeing if the band can be seen when used in a Guest Network.

Options
Re:XE75 5ghz and 6ghz unable to be found/connected
2023-01-12 18:51:47

@Riley_S 

On windows 10, explains my 6ghz problem, thanks!

Got into a discussion through online chat and they got it working. However now and then my whole network receives full on "stops" in which the network crashes for a minute or I simply lose internet access. This was not an issue with my old router with the same modem. Any advice? Thanks!

Options