XE75 Pro - Cannot Set QoS Total Bandwidth Above 1000Mbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-18 11:04:03
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a XE75 Pro and am getting pretty abysmal speeds coming out of the router. I have 2.5Gbs fiber service, that consistently provides sligtly above that bandwidth to the modem. However, even connected with a Cat 7 cable directly to the XE75 Pro's 2.5gbs port while the modem is in bridge mode (technically IP passthrough since the modem doesn't have bridge mode), I can't get the router to put out anything even close to that amount. While the XE75 Pro doesn't have the ability to test speed to the router (which is a HUGE design flaw, since there is no other way to reliably test for speeds above 1Gbs since there is only one 2.5Gbs port), I haven't been able to get any device to reach even 1gbs speeds. I'm wonder if there is a software bug that is causing the XE75 Pro to arbitrarily limit bandwidth to 1Gbs because, when I go into QoS settings, I can't even set a bandwidth higher than 1Gbs in the deco app. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:XE75 Pro - Cannot Set QoS Total Bandwidth Above 1000Mbs
2023-01-18 13:40:08

@paul1454 

Have you run a Speedtest from two wired computers at the same time and added up the total? 

Options
2023-01-27 00:09:32

@paul1454 If you have QoS turned on, turn it off. I had it turned on and put in 1000 since that was the maximum, but it appears to limit the total bandwidth to that amount. I ran speedtest.net at the same time on two different devices with QoS turned on (one wired, one wireless). With QoS turned on, speed dropped on each device to limit to about 1Gbps total between the two.

As soon as I turned QoS off, I was getting just under 1 Gpbs on the wired and about 700 Mbps on the wireless. I have a 2 Gpbs fiber connection.

Options
2023-01-27 00:10:32
I forgot to mention that it's pretty ridiculous that a device with a 2.5 Gpbs uplink port has a 1 Gpbs QoS limit like this ... I hope someone from TP-Link sees this and logs a bug for it. :(
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 446

Replies: 3