Wireless devices not connecting deco x55

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-18 21:23:57
Model: TP-Link Routers   Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TP-Link deco ax3000 Wifi 6 mesh system deco x55. I am having problems connecting some of my older devices to the mesh network. The devices I am trying to connect are:

1st generation google nest indoor cameras

Icomfort wifi thermostat

Ambient weather station console

1st generation google Chromecast 

I have tried setting the Band to 2.4 GHz only and that did not work. I do not have guest network turned on. I have tried turning off 2 of the nodes and they still won't connect. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless devices not connecting deco x55
2023-01-18 22:12:19

@Patdeco,

I would recommend following the steps outlined in this thread, as your weather station may be behaving the same as the one here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/591198?replyId=1156548

The Deco Mesh is set to be compatible with all previous wifi generations, however some of the newer settings may cause issues with older devices that do not support them.

I would recommend looking at turning off the beamforming option on the deco, or mesh networking for the individual devices.

You may also want to try connecting the device to the guest network, as there are less features and devices on the network that could cause the devices to not connect.

Options