Is it possible to use the recommended Star network setup for "Router Mode" while using POE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is it possible to use the recommended Star network setup for "Router Mode" while using POE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-20 04:26:45
Model: Deco X50-PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up Ethernet backhaul while using router mode. Is it possible to use the recommended Star network setup for "Router Mode" while using POE for your main Deco? My cable modem does not provide a POE port.

Does it matter what port (1G or 2.5G) is used to connect back to the modem or will either one work to connect the modem to the main Deco and the other back to the switch? I tried it that way and it seems that my switch does not provide POE from it's uplink port.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to use the recommended Star network setup for "Router Mode" while using POE
2023-01-22 15:35:43

Three days later and I answered my own questions. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 1